Monday, July 21, 2014

And now for something different... A LEGO Church (in progress)

As a family we have been collecting the LEGO Winter Village sets as they come out (one per year).  We have every set since they started, which makes for a quite nice winter village, but it misses a church.  It is clear that LEGO will never release a church because it is against their company policy (or so it seems).  So, I have been designing my own...  Of course, one thing led to another, and so I also started developing a LEGO model based on the church in the parish I grew up in: Heilig Hart in Ekeren-Donk, Antwerp, Belgium (in English: Sacred Heart).

The design work started sometime around Christmas 2013, and this is its current state:


This is the church it is based on (picture courtesy of Google StreetView):

As you can see, there is still quite a bit of work left to do, but it is coming together pretty nicely.  Once detail I can already share is the pipe organ:


No comments:

Post a Comment